NSW State Election 2023
The Liberal and National Parties have led a State Government in New South Wales that is tired, unresponsive and unaccountable. It is increasingly unable to meet the challenges facing the State.
It has been able to get away with this because the State has no effective Opposition. The ALP is unelectable. It has lost touch with working families and is more interested in identity politics. It no longer has the capacity to defeat the Berejiklian Government.
The task of returning NSW to responsive and accountable government falls to us – ordinary mainstream people in the Sensible Centre of politics and community life.
NSW Election: 25 March 2023
We will field a team of candidates in the next NSW State Election. We have two years to prepare for an electoral revolution. We want sensible everyday people to hold the balance of power in both Houses of the State Parliament.
This is how we will do it:
1. In each of the 93 Lower House electorates in NSW, we invite nominations from committed everyday people who want to win the seat from Labor and Liberal/National parties. We will form a team of supporters in each electorate to support them.
2. In August 2022 we will hold a Community Preselection in each electorate in which community members may vote to select their preferred candidate. We will back the community-preferred candidate.
3. The Community Preselection will be run by three Community Preselection Commissioners in each of 12 regions across the State. These 12 regions are:
North Coast: (8 electorates) Tweed, Ballina, Lismore, Clarence, Coffs Harbour, Oxley, Port Macquarie, Myall Lakes
North West Country: (7) Northern Tablelands, Tamworth, Barwon, Upper Hunter, Dubbo, Orange, Bathurst
Hunter: (8) Swansea, Lake Macquarie, Charlestown, Newcastle, Wallsend, Port Stephens, Maitland, Cessnock
Central Coast: (5) Terrigal, Gosford, The Entrance, Wyong, Hawkesbury
Illawarra: (6) Heathcote, Keira, Wollongong, Kiama, Shellharbour, South Coast
Southern: (7) Murray-Darling, Murrumbidgee, Albury, Wagga Wagga, Burrinjuck, Monaro, Bega
Northern Metro: (11) Pittwater, Hornsby, Wakehurst, Davidson, Ku-ring-gai, Willoughby, Manly, North Shore, Lane Cove, Ryde, Epping
Inner Metro: (7) Sydney, Vaucluse, Coogee, Heffron, Marrickville, Balmain, Drummoyne
Central Metro: (9) Parramatta, Granville, Auburn, Fairfield, Bankstown, Lakemba, Cabramatta, Strathfield, Canterbury
Southern Metro: (7) Cronulla, Miranda, Oatley, Kogarah, Rockdale, Maroubra, East Hills
North West: (11) Blue Mountains, Londonderry, Penrith, Riverstone, Mulgoa, Mount Druitt, Blacktown, Toongabbie, Smithfield, Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill
South West: (7) Liverpool, Macquarie Fields, Menai, Campbelltown, Camden, Wollondilly, Goulburn
4. In September 2022 we will conduct a state-wide Community Preselection to select a team of candidates for the Upper House. We will back the community-preferred candidates.
5. This two-year process will be led by a State Campaign Committee.
Express your Interest
We invite Expressions of Interest in participating in this process, as either a Candidate, an Electorate Support Team member, a State Campaign Committee member, or a Community Pre-selection Commissioner .
0425 722 890